This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help with reinstalling window XP

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi my computer is infected. I had my HiJackThis log analyzed by Noviciate, he or she said there is backdoor infection and recommended some R&R.

I tried to reinstall Windows XP following Option D as directed at http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=144349, but my computer is not letting me. I get the message that I don't have a valid partition drive. Which i know is not true.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.
It is important that you discconnect from and do not connect to the Internet with this machine until the infections have been removed.

Your machine usually ships with a "Restore Partition" that if activated will "wipe" out your operating system and data/settings and return it to the condition it was in when it left the factory.

Here's the details that you need:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss…cid=MIGR-4VFUDU
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI