This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dell wireless card has stopped working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Since yesterday everytime I start my computer a message pops up saying "Dell wireless WLAN card wireless network applet has stopped working." then another pops up saying "Dell wireless WLAN card wireless network controller stopped working and was closed." I was going to do a system restore but all the checkpoints were gone, I have windows vista basic. Ive ran a virus scan and nothing. I had an update to my virus software yesterday, and ever since I installed it ive been getting those pop ups. I use avast. Do you guys know how I can fix this issue? thanks
I haven't seen any other recent difficulties with Avast! updating.

But since the problem you machine is experiencing occurred directly after Avast! update, it is intuitively sensible to consider that the update could have caused a problem.

I'd recommend to Uninstall Avast! and then freshly install it from a fresh download.

If Avast! doesn't uninstall using Control Panel - Programs and Features (recommended)
Then you may benefit from using AppRemover by Opswar http://www.appremover.com/ <– recommended if encountering difficulty with regular uninstall.
_____________________

Once you have Avast! installed again, have a look at Device Manager to assure that correct drivers are installed for your Dell wireless WLAN card wireless network controller.

Control Panel - Device Manager

Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards
"Security Essentials" is a user friendly and free anti-virus that would be a good alternative to Avast if you have further problems. Cheers, Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI