This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated controller

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hello
Dell Inspiron 5150 lap top, xp sp3, Cable with router, send occasional fax over phone line

In device manager I see the device above in Topic::Title.
In the system tray I see 'Local area connection', 'A local area connection is unplugged is unplugged.'

Because it is an annoyance in the sytem tray and because I don't know what it does, I don't know if I should disable or not.

When I disable it, all seems to run well. and there is a red cross over it in device manger which is logical.
It does not appear in "Startup".
Could you please give me a bit of information so I can make the proper choice?
Thank you
When I disable it I still have internet access but I think I will keep it enabled from what you have said. I don't think there is a way to remove it from the sytem tray and I guess everybody has the same icon. It seems strange b/c when I go to internet connections the Local Area Connection says disabled. Thank you for your advise.
Hi GP. That is your "wired" internet connection which you are not using. It is perfectly okay to disable it. I have it that way on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI