Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browser Conflict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smb1

smb1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

Vista w/sp1 running on a new Hp G70-257CL Notebook. It came with installed a Cyberlink Suite (Cyberlink DVD Suite and Cyberlink YouCam). They were loading in the background at boot. They apparently conflict with IE7 and Firefox3. Both will freeze at random times. If I remove the Cyberlink programs from startup, both browsers will operate correctly. I can then start to use one of the Cyberlink programs and the problems will reoccur. The only way to get the browsers to operate correctly again is to reboot. Any suggestions how to solve the problem (other than removing Cyberlink)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hi smb1

:welcome:

First suggestion would be to download the latest update for those software
programs. I'll provide a firmware update for the web-camera as well, might
help also.

Cyberlink YouCam Software
http://h10025.www1.h...product=3878209
Cyberlink DVD suite Update Center

If nothing of the above will work for you, I suggest you begin to look into alternatives or
contact the place where you bought the computer. You must have paid for that software
somehow, and one should at least expect it to work. If it doesn't, I would try get a similar
product from them, in exchange for that Cyberlink suite, free of cost naturally.

Regards

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde