Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91808 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE Browser Will not load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dawiz

Dawiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

My wife has a HP Laptop with Vista Home Edition. When she clicks on IE it acts like it is loading for a second, (hourglass) and then nothing. I googled the problem and didn't really get a fix. If we reboot, the IE screen will appear during the shutdown procedure. In fact it appears everytime that it was clicked on. We have been able to occasionally get it to work by going into the Control Panel and deleting internet temporary files. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Dawiz

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:48 AM

Hi Dawiz

Strange things sometimes happen with IE :wacko: , But heres some solutions/ideas to try.

Does your IE have allowance from your Firewall to connect to the net?

When IE doesn't load succesfully, does it still "run" in the task manager? (click ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the task manager, programs tab or process tab)

What happens if you try run it from : Start-->Run-->Type: IExplorer.exe-->Ok
Will it it run then?

Certain Toolbars can cause these problems, particular Google, Crawler and Yahoo toolbar, does you have any of those?

If you have any addons to IE, try run IE without them. To do this: goto start-->Run-->Type: IExplore -extoff
Or disable them manually when you do have IE up and running. If it runs without addons, you have to single out the "culprit" if you have more than one. Do this by turning them back on one by one.

If any of the above doesn't work, try see if it will run in safe mode with network. To enter safe mode with network, reboot, right after first bios screen, tap the F8 key till the black safe mode screen loads up. Navigate with arrow keys to safe mode with network. start up, and see if it run there. If it runs, the likelyhood is that its an software program that conflicts somehow.

Note: These solutions are normally for windowsXP, and so you might have to run some commands as administrator on a Vista system. If some of them won't run, please tell which, and why if you get any messages relating to the command.

Hope that this will be helpful, otherwise, a re-install of IE might be the solution.

Kind regards Abydos :)

Ps. To any reading this....I know of an option in XP where you can re-register IE, but dunno if it will work in Vista. If you know, could you please let me/us know.

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde