Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Web Browser freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thoppsill

thoppsill

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

When I click on a link and a second window opens in Internet Explorer, a lot of times the browser will freeze and I must wait until I can close everything a reopen to fix. Then it sometimes happens again the very next time I do the same thing. Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 delhiuniversity

delhiuniversity

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:40 AM

This is nothing but your system RAM usage is consumed mostly by your browser. I am also facing this problem but i know the reason. My FF uses too much memory space and this is why it slows down when i try to use a new window or any other browser. Easily find out what amount of memory usage is consumed by your browser from task manager. If possible then cut down the usage by closing other programs which are not using..

#3 arTech

arTech

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

1) Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts

2) Internet Explorer / Tools / Manage Add-ons. Disable all add-ons except for those in the Microsoft Publisher list if possible. Specially old add-ons if you have upgraded your browser from IE6 to IE7 or IE8.

3) Java update

4) Task Manager / Processes
right click on Internet browser Set Priority - High
other programs Set Priority - Low if it is possible

To view the memory usage, memory change and priority of running programs, on the Processes tab, on the View menu, click Select Columns. In the Select Columns dialog box, select the Mem Usage, Mem Usage delta and Base Priority check box, and then click OK.
Watch on Mem Usage and Mem Delta (change in memory) columns.
Changing the CPU priority of a process can make it run faster or slower (depending on whether you raise or lower the priority), but it can also adversely affect the performance of other processes.

5) Windows Memory Diagnostic is a free utility available to determine whether the problems are caused by failing hardware, such as RAM or the memory system.

6) Run and clean with CCleaner.

7) Could be an overheating problem.

and next time be more specific please.

Edited by arTech, 20 March 2010 - 02:11 PM.

--- prevent rather than cure / better safe than sorry ---