This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blue Tinted Screen

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys. I've been looking around and reading google stuff but I can't seem to find whats going on. My screen has a blue tint to it. Last month it would go in and out of normal look, to blue tint, every few days. Since then it has only been the tinted blue. I can't find any information on it because when I search, I only find people who have a problem with the blue screen of death, which this is not. So I'm posting here because maybe someone may know whats up. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I traded screens with my brother and it works fine on his computer, but his screen is tinted blue for me. Does this mean it is a problem with my computer and not the screen itself? A friend mentioned that I might try cleaning out the inside of my computer, there might be a buildup of dust or something or the video card is a bit out of place. I was going to go out and buy a new screen, but now it doesn't seem like it is the screen. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't see another spot to put this topic.
Alright, I'll check that out, thanks. I suppose a good cleaning of the inside couldn't hurt right? Even if it doesn't solve the problem theres probably a lot of dust in there most likely.
Hi b00n What sort of screen do you have? LCD or CRT monitor? Make and model info please. In case of a old CRT monitor, you might want to try degauss it. Usually there is a menu option or a specific button for this purpose. In case of a LCD monitor, look for a menu option on the screen. In that menu, see if you can locate a reset option. ———————————————- Your old screen, the one you traded to your brother, have you tried reconnect that one, and see if the problem is still there? Your friends advice about cleaning the interior or reseat the graphic card, you should try. If for nothing else than to eliminate those being the causes. Checking cables and plugs, on both the monitor and PC. Try wiggle the cables gently, see if it alters anything. A dirty or broken Pin in a plug can cause this behaviour with not showing red colours correctly. Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI