This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I'm getting the blue screen of death, forced to reboot often

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Since having this computer built, I keep getting a blue screen. Sometimes it will go months without doing it and sometimes every day. There is no pattern, it will just happen while I'm doing anything - web surfing, editing photos, email, sometimes I leave and come back to a blue screen so I could be doing nothing at all.

I'm running Windows XP, Home edition version 2002 (service pack 3)
We use Firefox most of the time (sometimes IE is used by my husband)
Intel®
Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz
3.01 GHz, 2.00GB of RAM

Here is a link to my other topic (thinking it may have been a malware problem):
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Computer_goe…tml#entry499496

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like when it goes blue (and it sometimes lists a different file, but otherwise the same).

[external image: Posted Image]

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI