This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

F#@#$@$ing Slide Bars Are Acting Up.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had a computer problem which I fixed by parallel installing another copy of Windows XP. Everything is fine except I have a problem I CANNOT figure out how to fix. Whenever I try to move my cursor with the touchpad, to click on a link or whatever, the Slide Bars move even though the cursor is not on them and I'm not pressing the left button. It's driving me crazy! I've tried adjusting the mouse settings in all sorts of ways to no effect - the darn bars seem to think I'm clicking on them and dragging them when the cursor is nowhere near them! Anyone know what I should do?
Hi there, I havnt seen moving sliding bars before but I have seen the cursor wandering, moving on its own accord across the screen, this is usually rectified by re-instalation of the latest drivers for the synaptics touchpad, the drivers for the touchpad can be found here - http://www.synaptics.com/support/index.cfm Give it a go and see if it helps in any way.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI