This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

WEB SITE DESIGN

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.


How do i start a website from scratch?
where do I go?
should I have a host
how much is it?
Snakedoc,

How do i start a website from scratch?

Web pages can be written directly in notepad with html code, or you can use any of the free or paid Website Development Tool packages. Google will help you find various tool options.

where do I go?

You can start by inquiring with your own ISP, or contact any of the many web hosting services.

should I have a host

You can take on the large task of setting up a server and hosting for yourself, or subscribe to the ready-made services of commercial hosting.

how much is it?

Web hosting services can support a site of several pages and many email addresses for as little as $7-$9 US monthly, or can be much more expensive depending upon special features such as sales, marketing and online store features with SSL and transaction services.

Google is your best friend in discovering the various options available.