Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Website Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ohmytech

Ohmytech

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

Any advice on starting a website for a small business? Particularly with regards to hosting and domain names.
I've seen packages like this http://www.1and1.com/windows-hosting and wonder if anyone would recommend this kind of thing? Or an alternative?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 rharrison

rharrison

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Computers, malware, security, electronics

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

Ohmytech, You should first consider if you want free or paid hosting, for example get your website hosted by Google sites or pay a host fee. If you're looking at paid options specifically I personally would choose a Linux-based offering, I have very little experience running websites on Windows, except IIS 5/6. I feel Linux gives you a lot of flexibility especially if you use a hosting provider which includes a CPanel/WHM interface. Cpanel lets you control a lot of settings from a dashboard, which could take a lot of manual editing with a standard Linux host, so it reduces the learning curve a little. Rich

#3 mike_branco

mike_branco

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

I would say that those aren't bad deals if you're prepared to pay for hosting and you want it to be on a Windows platform. i do agree with rharrison about the Lniux-based offerings because of the Cpanel, but if you want to go with 1-and-1, i would suggest either the middle package if you don't want to take advantage of dreamweaver which comes with the package on the right.

#4 VuduMaster

VuduMaster

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:17 AM

For the small business I do not recommend to start from expensive plans. However, I do not trust free host... So, currently I am hosting my website with HOSTENS and I am satisfied with their services.  It has a great  deals that might help to save money money. You can check website www.hostens.com/shared-hosting if you need more information on services and deals. 

Hope this was helpful!

Good luck :adios:

#5 BartonTed

BartonTed

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

Any advice on starting a website for a small business? Particularly with regards to hosting and domain names.
I've seen packages like this http://www.1and1.com/windows-hosting and wonder if anyone would recommend this kind of thing? Or an alternative?

There are a lot of packages for small businesses nowadays. Haven't heard of the ionos you posted, but the packages seem really affordable. However, I can't speak for the kind of service they give. Bluehost is a good one, especially when you're gonna use Wordpress, as kaltem said. They offer packages with higher costs that the link you posted, but I have tested their service and they're good.

"Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. Samuel Beckett"