Software
Grey Listing Email Options
1 min read
EloElwyn
Topic Starter
You have heard of whitelisting and blacklisting how about greylisting? GreyListing is a quick and effective way to stop spam before it drops in your email box. This is not a program or paid for software it is how your email server responded to incoming email. If you want to eliminate 99% of your spam mail I suggest you look into setting this up for your home or office email. We have set up our dedicated server and it works perfect!
Doug
Hi EloElwyn,
Interesting topic and a useful method that has been "bouncing"
around for a couple of years, but beyond the reach of most personal computer home and small network users… at least as far as I know.
In your introduction you indicate a desire to help others with your knowledge:
Is this (email server) an area that you are familiar with.
Care to share a bit more of what you may know about "Greylisting".
I'll do my own basic research. And there might be little benefit from a highly technical presentation of implementing code to an email server.
But if you have information that the individual home/business user may benefit from… I'd love to read it.
Doug
Interesting topic and a useful method that has been "bouncing"
http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/Because Greylisting methods are designed to work at the mail server level, unless you have control of your own mail server, or your ISP has installed a Greylisting implementation for you, you will not be able to take advantage of Greylisting.
In your introduction you indicate a desire to help others with your knowledge:
Hello all! just thought I would say hi and intro myself to the board. Nice layout. I hope I can learn and in turn help others with my knowledge.
Is this (email server) an area that you are familiar with.
Care to share a bit more of what you may know about "Greylisting".
I'll do my own basic research. And there might be little benefit from a highly technical presentation of implementing code to an email server.
But if you have information that the individual home/business user may benefit from… I'd love to read it.
Doug
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI