This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Cutting down on Email Spam

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

This is what I do.

Do:
1. Create a new email address, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail etc., for non-work / personal use.
Use for online purchases, job searches, ebay, youtube, etc.
When it gets overwhelmed with spam, just delete that address and create a new one.

Don't:
1. Don't use your work or personal email address for anything other then work or your personal contacts.

Before forwarding email's, remove all the previous address's.

You will still get some "spam". "Wherever there's email, there will be spam."

What do you do?
I have 2 email addresses, #1 is personal, #2 is for if you are required to enter an email address in order to use, download, or sign up to something. (I check it about once a month and delete 20 - 30 emails in the inbox that are junk.) Hasn't been too bad, but I still would not want to get them in my regular inbox. :)