Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Server Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 punkinsmom

punkinsmom

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Digital scrapbooking, Cocker Spaniels

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:32 PM

Please HELP! the server where I work is sending out spam somehow. The system is a NOVELL/Groupwise 6.5 We have 19 workstations each with their own hard drives. We all run Spybot and AdAwareSE on a regular basis. We have ETrust Antiviral software installed on the server and on each workstation. We have been black listed everyday with SpamCop. Because of this we can't communicate with our clients and vendors. What do we need to do to get this horrible situation under control? Thanks in advance for any help! :rant2:
Sherrie

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:52 PM

setup groupwise to not allow annonymous senders from the SMTP port 25 which is probably set without security. By allowing only authenitcated users from your corp. net should stop annonymous users from using your server to send mail.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 punkinsmom

punkinsmom

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:25 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try if I can figure out how to do it. My days of Novell experience go back to Dos and then I wasn't what you would call a super user, I barely managed to keep the ediitorial department running. I do know that port 25 is not secure, I went to a sit called grc and ran the scan they offer that checks for open ports. That one turned up.
Sherrie

#4 punkinsmom

punkinsmom

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:04 PM

Well, my co-worker and I have been searching and we haven't come up with any info on how to secure port 25 on our server and we are black-listed again. This is driving us both nuts. Can anyone help? Can we be helped? :scratch:
Sherrie