This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Video Jumps

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there. I am wondering if anyone knows how to fix my newest problem with my laptop. When I watch videos online, the video keeps on glitching, like starting and stopping but the sound is still playing. It's like it needs to load the whole video first to make it stop jumping. Is there any way to fix this? It has been doing this since I got my laptop last year.
Hi, What you describe sounds like a buffering issue. A lot of this depends on the source of the stream as well as perhaps your particular internet connection. What is your connection? DSL/Cable? Or…? Do you get the exact same behavior on all sites? Assuming you are wireless have you tried wiring with an ethernet cable just to test for a difference?
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have a good Internet connection, it is 3 megs. This happens on most sites apart from YouTube videos. YouTube videos run grand on my laptop.
A wired connection might still make a good test if possible.

But if YouTube is good it might be the source media. Do you know if it is a flash player? Or Java? Or…?

Do you have the current flash install?

Flash Un/Reinstall
————————————————–
Uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten…rnalId=tn_14157

Reinstall it:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/do…=ShockwaveFlash

……………….

Perhaps also get the latest Java:

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
Also just to add: If the above proves unsuccessful can you please post a link to a site or sites you have issues with? We can try it ourselves and see if the site is at issue and or what type of stream it is delivering. Thanks.
Hey.

Sorry for the double post. Ok, I reinstalled the Flash player, also cannot find a cable to test the Internet connection, sorry.

When I try to download Java, well, I got the file you showed me, then it says: "Java installer is being downloaded, please wait". It stays on that for ages and doesn't do anything.

Edit: It happens on this website a lot when I'm looking for new LOST promos: http://darkufo.blogspot.com/
Ok, thanks for the replies. Right, I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and reinstalled it, videos seem to be better. I also installed the Update 13 of Java 6, and I got the new 3.08 version of Firefox. But now, Firefox keeps freezing, it says it's not responding but then after about 20 seconds it works again. It happens on most sites. I uninstalled Java, the Flash Player and Firefox and reinstalled them again but it keeps doing this. This started happening when I installed the Flash Player and when I tried to install Java the first time. I have scanned for Viruses and Malware but nothing is showing up. Also, When I use Mozilla Firefox and I try to open a PDF file or a Java file, Firefox just stops responding and forces me to restart the browser, also when I try to play DIVX movies on the Internet from a site, Firefox won't load them up, but, all three of these issues can be done on Internet Explorer, PDF files, Java files and DIVX movies will load up in Internet Explorer. Is there any way to fix this? Finally, I have the No$gba 2.6a emulator, when I try to play DS games on it the emulator starts skipping frames and is very jumpy. My computer has 2 GB of RAM and an Internal common graphics card that you would get from Dell. This should be enough to make it run smoothly. The weird thing is that my friend has a laptop that is not near as good as mine and his runs smoothly, he has Windows XP and I have Windows Vista Home Edition. Is there any way to fix this too? Also, the emulator I have, I have all the games at home for it so it isn't illegal.
About the Firefox problem, I fixed it. For those who were following up on this topic, My problem was that it was a bot that was corrupting my Firefox, so I used Spybot Search & Destroy to get rid of it and everything is back in working order.

Need help on the others though!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI