Hello
Should I select Windows Live Hotmail or Outlook Express as my mail program?
If it would work with everything I'd prefer WLH. Is there a way to test that it works?
Thank you
Hello
I'll try to be clear about this as I am a bit vague re: what buttons to push to achieve my goals.
I have a mail program through my isp which I use with my close friends. I do not believe that is affected.
I have a Windows LIve Hotmail account which I more commonly use.
The programs tab reads; 1-HTML = Word, 2-Email = Windows Live Hotmail(the other choices are Outlook Express and MSN Explorer). I selected WLH.
Sometimes , when I am reading an article, it will have a hyperlink that you can click on to reply by email.
I want to be able to do this. Will WLM or O.E. do this as I have the program tab set?
I can not be specific but I think there were other times when O.E. appeared to ?respond.
I get confused as O.E. does not have a user name and password as my other mail programs.
I hope this is clear enough.
Thank you
Hello
I'll try to be clear about this as I am a bit vague re: what buttons to push to achieve my goals.
I have a mail program through my isp which I use with my close friends. I do not believe that is affected.
I have a Windows LIve Hotmail account which I more commonly use.
The programs tab reads; 1-HTML = Word, 2-Email = Windows Live Hotmail(the other choices are Outlook Express and MSN Explorer). I selected WLH.
Sometimes , when I am reading an article, it will have a hyperlink that you can click on to reply by email.
I want to be able to do this. Will WLM or O.E. do this as I have the program tab set?
I can not be specific but I think there were other times when O.E. appeared to ?respond.
I get confused as O.E. does not have a user name and password as my other mail programs.
I hope this is clear enough.
Thank you
Yes your looking to set email client as default. So anytime you click on reply it will bring up that email client/program to use. You will need to set up outlook or express or thunderbird or what ever client/program you want to use to send email. Because hotmail is a Webmail you will not be able to default to that account as it is a webpage. HOWEVER I believe you can set up outlook to check your hotmail account via pop3. Which then means you can set your default program and be able to reply using your hotmail account with outlook. Hope that helps.
I made an error by excluding the fact that I have set up my Outlook Express program and it works.
In its simplist form, + as it stands now, I can actively use either my ISP's email + or Hotmail account.
But I should keep Outlook Express in the Program tab otherwise if I click on a hyperlink to reply, nothing will function. O.E. will appear if it is selected under the program tab.
I guess not understanding why there are other choices is not the point here. Knowing that emails AND Hyperlinks opening properly are important. I will select O.E..
I'm at the point where, although I would like to continue to learn, I must discern between what I can grasp and otherwise.
If this sounds as though things will work for me, I thank you very much for taking the time to help me along.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI