Hello
I just read where M.S. is not supporting Outlook Express. I used to put that in internet options>mail program so I could open a hyperlink and reply.
I have WindowsLive Hotmail.
Should I do the following;
1-uncheck Outlook Express in add/remove>components
2-put Windows live Hotmail in the mail program OR
3-is it necessary to install Windows Live Mail?
If I install Windows live mail do I have to configure it or can I just use it to open when I hit a hyperlink I need to reply to (hoping itwill be secure).?
Is there a place to test to see if your pc is opening hyperlinks.
I have spent three hours researching this before I came here so I gave it a good shot.
Thank you
I thought as much.
Unless I hear otherwise I will assume you have to set up an account for it to work when you click a hyperlink to send someone a message. The program existing in yor pc is not enough.
Thank you
Thank you.
I got your message while i was in WLM. I hope when I delete in Hotmail where I visit that the messages will disappear in WLM as well.
It really is ironical as it took me forever to finally culminate a forever job of getting my wife and myself all set with O.E. and I read today it is no longer supported by M.S. as of this month.
Thanx again
When you migrate to Windows 7, you will have Windows Mail, which looks and feels exactly like Outlook Express. I never much cared for MS Outlook, I liked Outlook Express better.
Actually, I don't use either at home, I use the SeaMonkey suite (the old Mozilla suite, updated and improved so it's equivalent of the latest FireFox and Thunderbird, only better). It contains a web browser, excellent E-mail client, web designer (Composer) and IRC chat client.
This is a timely email.
I will look at SeaMonkey because;
1-after setting O.E. for wife and I on two pcs I learned M.S. stopped support.
2-WLM set up on desk fine but duplicate contacts I fixed.
3-Just sat down to see my wife's contacts in my account on the lap only.
We each have a different account name but share the same password;that should not be a problem.
I need to get my contacts only in my account and hers out of my account without dleting them in Hotmail where we each have an account..
Also, on both desk and lap I sign in then have to repaet sign in -?
Any ideas to have an alternative email address and a mail program to put in - internet explorer> advanced (email program that will open if I click a hyperlink and need to reply)
Maybe too many windows accounts, although I am all set except the problems mentioned.
I have 4 E-mail accounts setup in SeaMonkey. They are completely separate with all E-mail data and settings being kept in you profile which is under Documents and Settings (XP) or AppData\Roaming (Vista/Windows 7).
Since we last spoke things have changed re: emails.
I deleted my wife's Live Hot mail which she never uses. Next I uninstalled and reinstalled WLM. I removed the default Hot mail account in it.
I now have WLM as the email program under the advanced tab in internet explorer to open hyperlinks. I have my regular isp account and my alternate Live Hot mail account.
Although I will leave it alone, I was tempted to consolidate by removing the Windows Live hot mail account and just use the WLM with my Comcast account.
I am just afraid if I remove the Live Hotmail account , my contacts in WLM will disappear.
All of these Widows "tied together" products are intimidating.
I have yet to check my WLM after using Live Hotmail to see if what is happening.
I'll be back.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI