Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

outlook express to outlook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ma3572

ma3572

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

My computer is old and slow (Win2000 Prof. and 666 Mhz) and uses outlook express ( with 2 accounts)for e-mail. My new computer is Win Xp and 2.3Ghz and has MS outlook installed on it. I do not have a copy of any outlook software. What is the best way to switch computers and not disrupt my e-mail? I use Verizon fios for internet and e-mail server.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Outlook Express is also available on the new computer. You could continue to use it and just migrate your accounts, address books and E-mails from the old to the new computer.

Google provides many hits for instructions on how to do htis. The first two I looked at will work: migrate outlook express to new comnputer

Otherwise, see these Google search results: migrate outlook express to outlook

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 ma3572

ma3572

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

Outlook Express is also available on the new computer. You could continue to use it and just migrate your accounts, address books and E-mails from the old to the new computer.

Google provides many hits for instructions on how to do htis. The first two I looked at will work: migrate outlook express to new comnputer

Otherwise, see these Google search results: migrate outlook express to outlook

Are you aware that outlook and outlook express are two different programs?

Why do you say outlook express is on the new computer?

I checked and it says Outlook, not outlook express.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Are you aware that outlook and outlook express are two different programs?

Yes, that's why I provided info for staying with Outlook Express and migrating your current data and for migrating from Outlook Express to Outlook. Did you take the time to read any of the links I posted? There is a lot of good information there on how to do exactly what you want to do.

Why do you say outlook express is on the new computer?

Because all Windows XP systems, Home or Pro, come with Outlook Express. Click on Start then Programs. You'll see Outlook Express listed there.

Outlook (not Outlook Express) is part of Microsoft Office. It is not available unless Office is installed.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If not, please post back with additional questions and I'll do my best to help.

Good luck.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown