Software
outlook express to outlook
2 min read
ma3572
Topic Starter
My computer is old and slow (Win2000 Prof. and 666 Mhz) and uses outlook express ( with 2 accounts)for e-mail.
My new computer is Win Xp and 2.3Ghz and has MS outlook installed on it.
I do not have a copy of any outlook software.
What is the best way to switch computers and not disrupt my e-mail?
I use Verizon fios for internet and e-mail server.
Ztruker
Outlook Express is also available on the new computer. You could continue to use it and just migrate your accounts, address books and E-mails from the old to the new computer.
Google provides many hits for instructions on how to do htis. The first two I looked at will work: migrate outlook express to new comnputer
Otherwise, see these Google search results: migrate outlook express to outlook
Google provides many hits for instructions on how to do htis. The first two I looked at will work: migrate outlook express to new comnputer
Otherwise, see these Google search results: migrate outlook express to outlook
ma3572
Outlook Express is also available on the new computer. You could continue to use it and just migrate your accounts, address books and E-mails from the old to the new computer.
Google provides many hits for instructions on how to do htis. The first two I looked at will work: migrate outlook express to new comnputer
Otherwise, see these Google search results: migrate outlook express to outlook
Are you aware that outlook and outlook express are two different programs?
Why do you say outlook express is on the new computer?
I checked and it says Outlook, not outlook express.
Ztruker
Are you aware that outlook and outlook express are two different programs?
Yes, that's why I provided info for staying with Outlook Express and migrating your current data and for migrating from Outlook Express to Outlook. Did you take the time to read any of the links I posted? There is a lot of good information there on how to do exactly what you want to do.
Why do you say outlook express is on the new computer?
Because all Windows XP systems, Home or Pro, come with Outlook Express. Click on Start then Programs. You'll see Outlook Express listed there.
Outlook (not Outlook Express) is part of Microsoft Office. It is not available unless Office is installed.
Hope that clears things up a bit. If not, please post back with additional questions and I'll do my best to help.
Good luck.
Yes, that's why I provided info for staying with Outlook Express and migrating your current data and for migrating from Outlook Express to Outlook. Did you take the time to read any of the links I posted? There is a lot of good information there on how to do exactly what you want to do.
Why do you say outlook express is on the new computer?
Because all Windows XP systems, Home or Pro, come with Outlook Express. Click on Start then Programs. You'll see Outlook Express listed there.
Outlook (not Outlook Express) is part of Microsoft Office. It is not available unless Office is installed.
Hope that clears things up a bit. If not, please post back with additional questions and I'll do my best to help.
Good luck.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI