This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problem from Java Update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I run Windows XP. I tried to download a regular update from Java. The update failed, and I got the error message 25099, unzipping core files failed. Following this, Java is not only disabled in my browser(even though it says java applets are enabled), but I can't find Java in either Add/Remove programs or on my control panel. Not a clue what to do about this. Help?
Hi sinnead,

So we can all learn from your self help, would you post to us how you did fix your Java issue please.

You can find Java assistance to follow in my signature Preventin Malware - Safe Computing, and Learning each day links.

best regards,
Hi sinnead,

Thank you for posting back with your success.

Do you mean when you say

Sorry, your link didn't work.

that my Java links were not available? or none of them corrected your problem. If it was the former, all links are active for me here as I tested each one on both sites.

Please let us know thanks.

kind regards,
Oops! My mistake! I was tired, and didn't read it properly. I thought what was in your post was the link. I just went back and reread :blush: I'll post from the link in your signature!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI