This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cannot install Java Runtime environment

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was trying to run an online Visual Trace Route®, and instead, got a screen to download Java. I downloaded the file, but I keep getting ERROR 25099, "cannot unwrap core files". I went to the Sun Java help section, and error 25099 is listed as a common error, and the workaround is to download the package for offline installation. I saved the package to my desktop, but every time I try to run it, I still get the 25099 error. Nothing java works. I looked in the programs and access, and have no java installed. I don't remember uninstalling java, why would I uninstall it? I try a lot of different programs, and if I don't like them, or they prove to be of no use, I uninstall them, and all I can think of is that somehow they were collateral damage. So, how can I install java runtime environment, most current? Win XP SP3 AMD Athelon 64 Processor 3000+ 2.01 GHz, 2GB RAM
Hi watcherduck,

Are you running Vista?

Please backup your registry before you attemp to do anything that I suggest to you.

Then I suggest you download and run JavaRa.exe. Please read thoroughly the information on this JavaRa link before dowloading and running it and do not click on advertisement within the link.

If you are unsure of anything please follow my 'Learning each day' link re Java toward the bottom in my signature below.

Post back and let us know your progress.

kind regards,
No, I'm using XP. I have Vista on a laptop, and don't like it very well, except it's easier to carry around than my PC. Backed up registry, downloaded JavaRA, cleaned out old installation stuff, it directed me to Sun where I downloaded and installed Java runtime environment. Everything successful, tested okay at java.com Thank you very much!!!! Aloha!
If mine were all that easy, I'd feel really stoopid. Just wait, I'll do something you won't believe one of these days. Thanks, and Aloha!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI