This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Auslogics Help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi

When I install Auslogic's Bootspeed it puts the programs folder in my start menu. Anyone know why this is? I would delete it but I don't know how to set the permissions. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have also included some screen shots of the problem.

Before Installation:


[attachment removed]

After Installation:

[attachment removed]
Hi Manicd,

When you installed the program, you most likely would have had a choice if you chose Custom install to disable the software from putting the icon in your Start Menu. I suggest you go to

  • Start
  • Run
  • type 'msconfig' without the quote
  • Startup tab - disable/untick Auslogic's Bootspeed
  • Apply
  • Exit without restart
Let us know if this helped.

kind regards,
Hi Tallin hope you are well

Hi Manicd,
When you installed the program, you most likely would have had a choice if you chose Custom install to disable the software from putting the icon in your Start Menu.


Unfortunately it doesn’t give this option which I find strange. Anyway I’ve just re-installed the program and then rebooted and the initial problem has gone; programs folder is no longer duplicated in the start menu.
But now the programs Icon is not displayed


[attachment removed]

(Highlighted in blue)
Yes, I am well thank you.

But now the programs Icon is not displayed

Please go to:
  • Start
  • All Programs
  • Find Auslogics > right click and scroll down to Create Short Cut
  • Drag it to your Desktop or taskbar for easy use
Let us know if this helped you.

kind regards,



Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI