Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91867 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

OUTLOOK AND IE 8 NOT PLAYING NICELY

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sheppey

sheppey

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista Home. Since upgrading to IE8 I have not been able to download any links from emails received. I get a message that reads. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" I have gone thru the Microsoft help centre and there are no instructions for this on IE8 only IE 6 and 7. I received a reply from MS that suggested I needed to clean and scan my registry so after completing a scan and then finding out it couldnt be cleaned until I paid $40 i forked over the money was assured I had 1300 errors and they were cleaned and you guessed it no difference. i am also having alot of problem with the actual internet and I am finding that I have to refresh my pages at least every 10 minutes and normally when first entering a page such as yours I needed to refresh 5 times to just get on the site. I would love for someone to help me. I would also like to warn you that I am not that bright when it comes to computers I have just had a brain tumour and it takes a while for things to make sense so would reallly appreciate it if you didnt use initials as I will have no idea what you are talking about... I dont even know what a malware is lol.. thanks Sheppey

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:59 AM

Hi Sheppey,

Firstly I hope you are feeling better today. Posted Image

Would you follow this link for New Members please.

We do not recommend Registry Cleaners at all here on WTT. It will be wise for you to post a HJT log following the link given above. Once you post your log in the HJT Forum, please have patience and wait for an accredited Malware fighter to reply to it. Do not answer your own log.

kind regards,

#3 Danny W

Danny W

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever get any replies or a good fix on it???? I am using a new vista home prem system with ie 8 and Outlook 2007 no email hyprlinks will start and I get the same error message you stated. "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" Any help would be apprieciated!!!! Danny

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,806 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:13 PM

Danny, welcome to WTT. See here, see if it helps: http://www.cnblogs.c.../06/496187.html

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.