This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Is this a good monitor for Blueray from PC via DVI?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am thinking about getting this TV for a monitor and a Blueray player to go in my computer..It has a DVI port..Is that the same as HDMI as some people say? I just recently took a 37" Vizio I bought last month back to Walmart because it didn't support 1:1 pixel mapping and I never could get it just right through HDMI…

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx…N82E16889101116
HDMI is not DVI. They are two different interfaces.

I'm not sure what you are getting at by your monitor not supporting 1:1 pixel mapping properly? Maybe you are not happy with the black bars on the edge of your screen when you watch a DVD?

Its not your TV. You should read here:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/

Read here to learn about the differences between DVI and HDMI:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=w…mp;aq=f&oq=

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI