This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Very impressed by new Dell U2412M UltraSharp 24' Monitor

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My wife bought me this surprise present. My old Samsung was a goodie, but my poor old eyes (waiting to have an eye operation ..and waiting …and …) needed better contrast than the 600:1 I was getting and sharpness needed to improve too.This one has 1000: 1 contrast and these IPS type of monitors are very sharp indeed. 24" was the smallest Zoe (my wife) could get with a 16:10 ratio (1920 X 1200) with IPS (e-IPS) as she knows I absolutely hate the new fangled 16:9 monitors (letterbox view?) which have become so "popular" and at reasonable prices, that format is all you can get nowadays. Not because it's a great format, but because they are the cheapest format to produce. I would have been happy with a smaller (and cheaper) screen, but getting one with IPS and 16:10 format just isn't possible. Will be interesting to try a bit of gaming on it :) This monitor has just recently been released and there was a 3 day Dell (only) sale on them for $279 including postage, so Zoe grabbed one! Normal price is around.$400 / 450 + postage (about $50). I'm blown away by the pin sharpness, colour and contrast. 16:10 desktop (minus taskbar). Doesn't do it justice but … [attachment removed] Nice one Dell :thumbup:
sounds like a wonderful present Lee… I've just had a Lenovo X60 s in for repair (with a 12inch screen) and my eyes are only just recovering!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI