This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Office 2008 on Mac

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am asking for help here since I have a couple of people here that I respect very much. I was advised by one that this was ok before I did this. I have office 2008 on os X and anytime I get a document be it a .pdf or a .doc, docx and the like, I can click save tell it where to save it, DT normally and then move it, but once I do I get a major problem of the file being corrupted. However, if I drag and drop onto the DT it is fine. Got any ideas as to what is up? No problems with any other mail clients. All updates are good, and all is the latest. Thanks for the help. M another thing is once I save it, even if I close the app and reopen it I can not re-save it anymore.
Sorry, What is DT ? I don't have an OS X machine here in front of me and am not familiar with Mac. I'll see if I can borrow one. But in the meantime, I'll try to drum up some help from Mac users here at WTT. Best Regards, Doug
Well, I have good news and bad news. I went there gain and looked in both the word and Entourage sections and have found nothing really. I went back to the Word part and did as the suggested for the recovery, but that was of little help, since one of the papers I am opening is a .pdf file. I should be getting a word file soon and I will try to download it and see what happens and if I can recreate a recovered file from a corrupt one, but this will take a bit. Thanks so far.
OK, I have confirmed that what I did in word will in fact work for a word document once it has been corrupted by entourage; however, it is not the same for other files such as the pdf files.

The error I just received was : Error occurred saving the attached file
Unknown error (-1421) occurred.

I am going to search this on google with that and entourage as key words.
Matthewp, Google search on the term "corrupted by entourage" It may be that your actual "Rules" or the database itself needs rebuilding. Also google search on the term "entourage spam filter" for articles on the correct setup of the utility. These are just ideas offered "in the dark" as I still do not have an OS X machine with which to explore. Doug
Thanks Doug I will give all of that a try. I have searched almost all of MS. I am also going to try another forum too but will post here if I get a good lead.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI