This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Want to get a new video card

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been thinking about getting a new video card for quite a while now but I need something that's compatible and won't bottleneck my system. Here is my system: AMD Athalon 64x2 4200+ 2.2ghz 4 gigs of DDR400 ram (PC3200) 160gb sata 3gb/s hdd Nvidia 8500 GT 256mb PCI Express x16 (the slot is 1.0a compliant) 550W PSU I do alot of gaming on my rig and want to play newer games with good frame rates. Any suggestions?

Yes, buy the best card you can afford that is compatible with your motherboard. :) Not much else to tell you on this.

But how do I know what's not gonna bottleneck my system?
I'm not sure what you mean? The more expensive, better card you buy the less "bottleneck" it will be. The best advice here is still to buy the best card you can afford. Just don't take out a loan or second mortgage to do it. Always live debt free! :) Is there another reason you think a video card would bottleneck your system?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI