This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

HELP! Cant view jpgs or open word docs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

HI all Firstly I would like to thank anyone you can help me with this problem. Anyway heres the problem…. My friends windows XP home computers m/b blew and she asked me to retrieve all her photos, word docs and other stuff off the old harddrive. I have taken the HD and have it going in another system, so far so good. But i cannot open any files at all, BUT I can open them in safe mode but cant copy them to USB to transfer. I have run a repair on the windows install with no luck. If i open a jpeg- I get generating preview and it just hangs a ms word doc- word cannot open the existing….. notepad file- access denied A bmp image- no image available mp3- nothing at all eml. email- oulook express could not be started All the files have something in them and I can open them in safe mode. Have exhausted all that i know and I am running dry on ideas. Any suggestions would be great and worth a shot. Also this windows installer keeps popping up every 2 seconds. Is this looking for something missing? It doesnt say whats it is or for just really annoying. Cheers again Phatrolla
Hi Ztrucker Good one mate!! Cheers for that. Fixed all my problems. Just followed the steps on the link and everthings good now. Thanks again

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI