This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

jpegs won't open, windows installer starts

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello all,

I have no idea what has happened to my computer or whether this is the right place to ask for this type of help. Sorry if I have listed it in the wrong place.
Today my computer did some kind of automatic windows updates and then needed to be restarted. After restarting I am now unable to open pictures. Every time I try to open them the windows installer tries to load and asks me to load the cd.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? I have tried a few things that I have seen on other sites but nothing has worked. I disabled and restarted windows installer and downloaded hijackthis.

This is what hijackthis found:
📎AmarchieHJT.txt

Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Amarchie

Reason for Edit: Remove HJT log, add as attachment.
We don't allow HijackThis logs anywhere other than the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum.

Since this just happened, use System Restore to go back a day or two, see if that fixes the problem.

Click on Start then Programs (or All Programs). Click on Accessories then System Tools and finally System Restore.

Pick a date before this problem started happening. Hopefully that will resolve your problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI