This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

iTunes won't burn CDs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. I am running Windows XP SP3, on a Sony Vaio desktop p.c. Just recently, when opening iTunes, I receive an error message from the iTunes Setup Assistant that states: Warning! The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes. Once I select OK, the iTunes application launches as usual, however I can't burn any CDs. I have not installed any CD burning software, or changed my registry such that drivers were impacted that I know of. I have tried re-installing iTunes several times, and still receive the same error message when launching the application. Would appreciate any help to resolve this issue, thanks!! Curtis. Here is my Hijack This log file:📎WTT_Curtis_HJT.txt
I have this same problem but my system is Vista and tried the same remedies. Sony tech has not been able to help either. Has anyone figured out if there is any way to fix this?
I wasn't here when the original post was created so haven't seen this issue before, so I will approach it from your situation not the original op given the age, they had no need to post a Hijack log here so not sure why that was done, but if the op is still about then hopefully this can still benefit them as well.

A search of this brings up some pages from apple, so see if these aid you:-
Relevant to xp users with this fault.
Relevant to Vista users with this fault

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI