This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

problem with windows media player

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

hey all, we just went to try to burn some music off of the internet and when we opened our windows media player we got a weird message. it told us to connect a burner and restart. Our computer has a burner in it and we've never had this message before—i've had computer for a couple of years. I'm not very computer saavy but…..i've known how to burn a cd for a long while and know that this is not the usual. FYI I had a virus a couple of weeks ago and have been running my scans and they are not showing up anymore. any help would be so appreciated…. thanks
Hi connemara22,

If I recall correctly, you recently formatted and reinstalled your Operating System.
After that, you had some difficulty with Sound.
You had a warning in your Device Manager, probably indicating the Driver for your Sound Card or onboard Sound.
You reported that "I think i have it working though"
Probably as a result of installing a driver.

Now something similar may be occurring with your CD burner.
____________________

Microsoft Windows has the ability to support most optical drives and burning operations.
You may need to do some additional configuration.
Here's a basic review.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/s…eptember16.mspx

Best Regards
I got it working. I had to uninstall the drivers, to a few regedits and reinstall the drivers…… I'm not sure how to get this as a resolved issue….ANYONE????
You just did. Unless you wish to describe your solution further for the benefit of others. Your choice. We tend to leave Threads open for comments. Thanks for letting us know you got it sorted. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI