This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Dell Integrated Webcam

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I will try to be descriptive as possible to hope for a possible solution from the first response, but here is my issue. Dell Inspirion 1525 Laptop Windows Vista 32-bit I recently got my computer fixed for a physical defect that the computer had. With this repair, they replaced the whole monitor that was connected to my keyboard. Now, my Dell Intergrated Webcam will not work. The drivers are installed and the hardware is available. I receive two error messages. When starting up the Dell Webcam Manager and click on Webcam Center, the screen comes up and says "No supported camera detected. Please plug in to continue…" and when I click on Webcam Console I receive the message "Your webcam is not connected. Please connect it now and launch the Webcam Console again." This only became an issue when I got my computer repaired in which they replaced the whole monitor, and I'm not sure why the webcam will not work. Please help. Thank you for your time, -Nate
Hi Nate I would phone the place where they replaced the screen, and tell them your situation. It sounds like they forgot to connect it, or got it connected the wrong way. As they are the one who have done the repair, it should be they who should correct it. I don't think it is something we can fix here. You could wait around for some of the other tech's, as this is not my field by far. To get a second opinion. Regards

Okay I completely understand I will contact them soon. I wasn't sure if I could be helped her but I figured it was worth a shot :D


No problem at all. You are welcome to return if it turns out that the camera
should be connected correctly.

Regards and good luck with it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI