This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Inspiron Mini 1210

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:blush: …Hey everybody… I have an Inspiron M1210… I had to reinstall everything due to a total hard-drive wipeout… I have been able to get all of my "drivers" to reinstall just perfect but for some reason the "Integrated Webcam" driver will not fully load…it only loads to 90% then it gives an error… Please help me if you can… I have windows xp..service pack 2… thank you in advance for any help you can offer me… I have been to the original Dell site and the driver does not work from them either…Trey… :pullhair:
Thats not much to go on, if you are able to give the error message(s) it may help, assuming that it gives you one, but from what I can see the Creative Labs Intergrated Camera appears to be the driver you need, it also gives download\install instructions if you expand that section, it may highlight something your missing.

Assuming your still having the same problem, and you downloaded it again to check if it may be the original file was corrupted, then to start with pause\exit all anti virus\anti spyware etc you have running, to do this right click in turn on each icon near the clock and select the appropriate option, but do NOT stop the firewall running, see if that helps.
If it's still messing about then try the following, create a new folder on the desktop, right click in an open space and select create new folder, no need to name it, then place the downloaded file in the folder, now it depends what compression software you have, I use 7-Zip, with this I can right click on a file and select extract here, this will extract ALL the files from the download.

Now try running the setup or .exe file, if that still fails to work the click on Start - Control Panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager, the camera should have an exclamation mark next to it, double click the camera and a window will open, if need be click on the Driver tab, update driver, select to install from a file, then browse to the folder on the desktop and tell it install, that should sort it easy with luck, hope something here helps.
:woot: ….hey Guy…thanx for the advice… I turned off the anti-spyware and stuff like that…then I uninstalled the driver file and made sure there were no lingering files from the first install…than rebooted system and did a total fresh install of the driver…for some reason I had to do this 7-9 times before the system would recognize the driver but I finally got it to work…turning off all that anti stuff was a major help…thank you so much…have a great day my friend…Trey
NP just glad some of it helped, but TBH ALL installs "should" be done with protection disabled, more so with USB devices, although many don't bother and things go fine, but it is thew way you are supposed to install, so any future issues try using this method first, may make all the difference, but glad your sorted.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI