This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Content Advisor

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI


Hi everyone, I have a Content Advisor somehow installed on my computer, unless it's part of my security software, I do not know how it got there. But to say it is a nuisance is to say the least, every page that comes up for the first time, you have to type in your password, before doing this you check a button to Always allow, or Allow this time only. So you make your choice, type the password and click enter, if you are lucky it will let you look at the page you have asked for, if you are not, ( like I was trying to get to this site, I lost count of how many times I had to type in my password, then it would not let me in so I hit the large X top right and killed it) ( this doesn't always work) it is so annoying when you get to the page you want and another opens off of it, time after time you are typing the damned password instead of actually doing whatever it was you came there to do or see.The plus side to it is that it is supposed to keep you safe from BAD SITES. In which case why does it consider this to be a Bad Site?.When it first started weeks ago now, I thought that it was a good thing, trying to keep me safer, but it is steadily driving me nuts and wasting so much time, especialy when the page then hangs as well. Any one got the same problem, or any ideas.
[external image: Posted Image]

Sorry about the delay in responding :(

If you still need help, Scan again with HijackThis, and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI