This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Auto hide programs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I changed to a different user profile on my computer and now when I select programs from the start menu they all appear instead of being collapsed just showing the last couple that were used and allowing the menu to be expaned with the double down arrow at the bottom of the menu. I can not find any way to turn this feature back on. There is nothing in the start menu options. Is there a registry setting for this? I can't even find any information on Microsofts web site but its probably because I'm not sure exactly what to call the feature and how to search for it. I would appreciate any information. Thanks.
Hi Rstoner. Interesting, most people want this to work the way it's now working so have to go in and change it.
  • Right click on Start and select Propetrties
  • Click Customize
  • In the Advanced Start menu options area, check Scroll Programs and Use Personalized Windows
Now your Programs will be displayed in a single, scrollable column.

Hi Rstoner. Interesting, most people want this to work the way it's now working so have to go in and change it.

  • Right click on Start and select Propetrties
  • Click Customize
  • In the Advanced Start menu options area, check Scroll Programs and Use Personalized Windows
Now your Programs will be displayed in a single, scrollable column.


Thanks but the scrolling isn't what I want. This is what I want.

📎Hide.JPG

Rstoner,

You've got to be patient. They will "scroll up" once you give them enough time to become "unused" programs.


Scroll programs is not selected on the computer where i got my snapshot. This is a tough one!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI