Hi!
I would like to help my friend who is being spammed by her ex-boyfriend. She receives photos of her ex-boyfirend's girl and says not-so-good things about her.
the catch is, the ex-boyfriend DENIES the ownership of those photos. apparently, he does not have any other email address, he claims.
I would like to trace the metadata of the JPEG files in it. Is this possible? Since other documents have metadata, do JPEGs have it too? i tried exploring its properties, they're all blank, maybe he knows how to remove the metadata.
Is it possible to know what IP did one use in uploading photos? I would like to establish that if the ex-bf have the same IP with the spammer.
I don't know if these are possible. Thanks.
John!
Thanks for the information. I have learned that, it will be impossible for me to establish an evidence by just examining the photos' metadata. Because i would like to get at least the computer's IP from in which it was created/donwloaded/edited. Or could you suggest of any possible variable that can pinpoint spammer and ex-bf are the same?
From what ISP do i need to ask persmission?
My friend's ISP? Definitely its from the office.
Is it their office' ISP? A company that gives access to their company to internet?
Thanks so much!
Hi,
The ISP is the company that provides the internet. A company like AOL. This is the party to contact if the e-mail address of your friend is @, because all e-mail will go through their server. If your friend is using something like Gmail or Hotmail, you should contact that party for more information.
Just tested a couple of things and I found a more easy way to check on the IP: to check the source code of the e-mail. The IP will be in the first couple of lines (can tell you where exactly) and you can compare those. If you want instructions for this, I need to know what e-mail application your friend is using. Outlook/Outlook Express or webmail. If your friend uses webmail please let me know which exactly (Gmail/Hotmail).
Regards,
John.
hi thanks for not closing this thread.
really? my friend's email is a yahoo mail. the one's who is sending her emails is from yahoo too.
do you think this is possible?
thank you, thank you!
We never close topics here, but it would be better to come back earlier next time
really? my friend's email is a yahoo mail. the one's who is sending her emails is from yahoo too.
What really? You asked 'really' but I do not know what that refers back to. Note that you can quote my stuff by copying a sentence or paragraph you want to comment on and then in your reply put this around it:
True we normally don't close topics but this isn't something we're going to discuss any further here.
Konfucide
If what you're saying is true, (I have my doubts it is) your friend needs to contact lawinforcement not a help site.
Giving you information to try and find someones IP address other then your own, just might not be legal on our part.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI