Hi there,
tallin is right - I am coming by to assist! I am a Tech Enthusiast, and I love building and repairing/upgading computer systems. I'm glad you've posted here, as compatibility is an extremely important point to consider.
First up, the case. It's good you've mentioned a few to consider about which one you'd like to choose. Personally, I'm a sucker for brand-names. Not just in cases, but in all computer components. However, it's not for no reason - a brand name component is one that has stood the test of being "abused" by countless professionals and tech enthusiasts, such as myself. That way, you know it's going to be good for you - and if the particular part you have isn't, the support company is going to be very helpful in fixing the problem!
NZXT, in my opinion, is an excellent computer case manufacturer, although not one that usually steals the limelight. A quiet achiever, if you will. If you would kindly direct your attention to
this link, this would be my personal choice in a similar range to your budget for a case.
Next up comes the rest of the components.
For the motherboard, I've never had much luck with Biostar. While I'm sure plenty of people have no problems with their Biostar motherboard, I've only ever seen problems with the ones I've encountered in my business… Gigabyte is a company I've had great success with (also ASUS as well), and here is my recommendation: the
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3.
Next up, the processor. This is the heart of the system, many would argue, and it is a sticking point, in my opinion. While the Brisbane edition AMD processor you've chosen was good in its time, it's last generation technology now, and I don't think you're getting as good as what you can. While a little more expensive, I strongly urge you to consider
this Phenom quad-core processor. Definitely
more than a step up, these processors are going to impress greatly over the last-generation technology you've chosen. If considering different model AMD processors, I'd like to draw your attention to the "Black Edition" processors, which
don't come bundled with a heatsink/fan, so you'd need to budget for an aftermarket version. The model I have recommended is not the "Black Edition", and therefore, comes with a retail heatsink/fan.
PC Power & Cooling make absolutely awesome power supplies, so no comment needed here. Great choice! Same also about G.SKILL RAM. G.SKILL are known for their excellent performing "budget" RAM sets, and the set you have chosen is more than enough for your uses, at a reasonable price. The 9800GT is a good choice for a slightly more than "budget-oriented" consumer, while still tipping the scales at a price/performance ratio more than outright raw power. Same also with the hard drive and DVD Burner, good choices for the budget, and good performers to boot. The only problem you may have is securing a hard drive at a decent price, as the particular hard drive is out-of-stock as I view it right now.
The only two further points I wish to make:
The monitor manufacturer, Hanns-G, does not even exist in Australia (where I am), and therefore I cannot vouch for the quality of these units. Be sure to research these units, and that you are happy with the information you find. I personally always recommend Samsung or ASUS monitors where I can, I find they are always of exception quality for what I feel is a reasonable price.
The last point is the sound card you have included - unless you have extreme audio requirements (such as you are an audiophile, or have a proper surround sound 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system), then the motherboard's onboard audio should be more than enough for your uses. This should save you a few dollars to contribute to a better system for your needs.
Cheers, and I hope it all goes well for you. If you have any further questions, or discussion points, please reply. I'm more than happy to help!
Troy