This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Just an Inquiry

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I logged on my notebook today I had an update message from a program I downloaded a few months ago: Smart Defrag 1.03, which does an excellent job compared to the Windows defrag program. Anyway, I chose to upgrade and download the software and I've come to this part, (Security Analyzer) process. There's a note at the bottom of the window stating: Please note the items listed here are not all problems or malware. They are critical settings of your system and common targets of malware. Before you remove any item, make sure it is malware. The log file of Security Analyzer is 100% compatible with HijackThis log so you can save this report and submit it to any qualified online HijackThis log analyzer and HijackThis forums. I'm a complete novice, so maybe I shouldn't be downloading things like this, but I do, no problems so far. I just need some help with this log report before I check any of these items for removal. Thanks so much.
Hi, and Welcome to WhatTheTech :)

Apologies in the delay in a response. We are overwhelmed with logs at the moment and there aren't enough helpers to go around. If you still require help, please do the following:

Are you experiencing any problems with your computer?

Since its been a while, I need to see a fresh log. You can get HijackThis 2.0.2 from here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/hijackthis

Thanks.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI