Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help Please! Browsers not working inspite of proper internet conne

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 preci

preci

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hello, I have a HP Compaq nx6320 laptop. A few months back i was using the WiFi for browsing and everything was working fine, now the trouble is though the WiFi show that its connected and signal strength is high my browsers(IE and firefox, i have both installed) will not open any web page. The error messasge is IE cannot open search page and sometimes "page cannot be displayed". I reinstalled the drivers that i got from HP website and still the problem persists. This week i got a new broadband connection, the router works fine and the cable lights also indicate that it working. The LAN icon in network connections shows connected, but still the browsers are not working. The TCP\IP settings have also been given correctly. Can anyone help me please.

Edited by preci, 19 January 2009 - 10:44 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Hi preci, welcome to WTT.

To start, let's see what your IP configuration looks like.
  • Click on Start then Run
  • Type cmd and press Enter or click OK
  • Type ipconfig /all and press Enter
  • Right click on the command prompt window title bar, select Edit then Mark
  • Use the mouse to select all the output from the ipconfig command, them click the right mouse button. This will copy the data to the clipboard.
  • Start a new post in this thread and paste the data you copied into it.
Also, from the command prompt, I want you to ping www.mozilla.org. Follow directions above for copying and pasting the results. They should look something like this:

ping www.mozilla.org

Pinging www-mozilla-org.glb.mozilla.com [63.245.209.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 63.245.209.11: bytes=32 time=97ms TTL=236
Reply from 63.245.209.11: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=236
Reply from 63.245.209.11: bytes=32 time=87ms TTL=236
Reply from 63.245.209.11: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=236

Ping statistics for 63.245.209.11:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 87ms, Maximum = 97ms, Average = 90ms

If the ping works then that says you have a working internet connection and your problem is specific to your browsers. If not then it's not a browser problem, but a networking problem.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown