This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

So Far I Love You Guys!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I'm in mid-recovery, but so far I am much happier and less stressed than I was 24, 12 or even 2 hours ago. I got no response from dell, vague responses from my isp to call spybot, and my family members who do this for a living foisted me upon symantec's unfriendly website. I also followed dell's advice to go to housecall.trendmicro.com, which told me I had no viruses. You guys figured out I had the peper virus! I wonder what else is lurking?? Hugs & Kisses all around at half time!!! :P
> I got no response from dell,

If you mean the DellForum then yes you didn't get a response…we are backed up 48 hours and working backward on oldest posts. Only two of us who actually respond with solutions (three counting Chris who is now mainly on teaching duties here). We are volunteers at the DellForum, not employees and we help as much as we can. The enemy is legion and we are few.


>You guys figured out I had the peper virus! I wonder what else is lurking??

We'll try to get you sorted out and I am discussing your case with your primary responder here. Hang in there…please stay in your thread here where you posted your log.

All the best,

Texruss
http://www.russelltexas.com
Spyware Fighter Wilders Forum
Slyware Warrior Tom Coyote Forum
Expert Malware Responder Dell Forum
Im glad that we could help but like Tex said stick with your thread as its being reviewed. As you can see when you cruise the net there are 1000's of people looking for assistance daily on many help forums and there arnt enough people to assist. I started to get trained to assist for the very reason so many go to these forums, my computer had been taken over. I figured it was my turn to give back and help others in anyway I could. Almost all helpers do this on thier own time and balancing this, work & family can be difficult. So please dont be upset with a forum for not getting back to you soon enough or fast enough everyone is helping anyway they can.