This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Umm...hi.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello. I'm a writer in NYC, and my Dell hates me. I'm not very fond of it, either, at the moment. Perhaps I should give it a break, though, it seems pretty sick. And here's the REAL kicker: I can't seem to access the internet with it now either (I'm on my friend's mac), so I can't even, you know, download HijackThis. Is there anything I can do here if I can't access the web with the infected machine? Sorry. That was rude of me. I was just supposed to say hi. Hi! Nice to meet you! Now help!!!! (please) I'll try to find the appropriate place to ask questions…
Nevermind. Wow - I just figured out how to get back into my IE. Phew! I'm on my computer now…and about to download HijackThis, I guess. Because that seems like the thing to do. Man, I hope I figure this thing out. I just posted in the HijackThis forum. Thanks!
Hi Polly,

Welcome to WhattheTech.

I notice you have posted twice on the HJT forum with no log included in either post.

Please follow Here

Also here is a good read.

An expert will analyse your log for you when your turn comes.

They are very busy, so please be patient. Please do not answer your own log as other experts will think it has been attended to.

We hope you enjoy this wonderful forum. While you are waiting for your reply take a look around.

Kind regards, :D
Thanks so much, Tallin, but I'm having trouble! I am trying to install HijackThis, but I am getting an error. This is why there is no log posted yet. Do you have any idea what I should do? And if I am finally able to get a log, should I post it as a new topic? Thank you so much for any help you can offer!

Thanks so much, Tallin, but I'm having trouble!

I am trying to install HijackThis, but I am getting an error. This is why there is no log posted yet. Do you have any idea what I should do?

And if I am finally able to get a log, should I post it as a new topic?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer!


Hi Polly,

I see you have posted your log on HJT. Please now take a break and leave it for the experts to answer your log in turn.

kind regards,