Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hard Drive Recommendation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tech2

Tech2

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:41 AM

Can anyone recommend a 2tb, 3.5 desktop hard drive that won't sound like a ticking time bomb when in use?

I have tried both Seagate (ST2000NM0011), (ST33000651NS) and Western Digital Black (which is suppose to be the quietest -But was the loudest H.D. tried).  I'd like to keep the cost under $60 if possible - I think I should be able to get a decent H.D. for that.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 xrobwx71

xrobwx71

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Helping folks with tech issues. I am a BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative.com

Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:49 PM

https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/B01MTJTVF5

It's a refurb. Hitachis have a great reputation. I have 6 Hitachi refurbs myself 2 of which are 3 years old so far.

https://www.backblaz...-test-data.html

Do you have a valid backup plan in place? If not, Please implement one soon.

Macrium Free - One of the best to use for backups.

#3 Tech2

Tech2

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:11 AM

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I always though Hitachi were bad drives although I never tried them. Main Point: how quiet are these hard drives?

Edited by Tech2, 29 February 2020 - 06:57 AM.

#4 xrobwx71

xrobwx71

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Helping folks with tech issues. I am a BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative.com

Posted 01 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

I don't hear mine and the box is on a shelf 8 inches from my ear.

Do you have a valid backup plan in place? If not, Please implement one soon.

Macrium Free - One of the best to use for backups.