This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Hard Drive Recommendation

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can anyone recommend a 2tb, 3.5 desktop hard drive that won't sound like a ticking time bomb when in use?

I have tried both Seagate (ST2000NM0011), (ST33000651NS) and Western Digital Black (which is suppose to be the quietest -But was the loudest H.D. tried).  I'd like to keep the cost under $60 if possible - I think I should be able to get a decent H.D. for that.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I always though Hitachi were bad drives although I never tried them. Main Point: how quiet are these hard drives?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI