This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Modem problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Toshiba Satellite U305-S5077 with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium This started yesterday, my dial-up modem will not dial out… it says error no dial tone, but I can hear the dial tone through the speakers. So far I have tried reinstalling the drivers using the recovery disk…didn't work I tried enabling the modem to dial without waiting for a dial tone and that didn't work I also did a system restore to the day before this started happening. the last thing i tried was deleting the connection and setting up a new dial-up connection and that didn't work Help Please.
I agree with Tallin, Yohelp. It is highly likely your modem took a lightning strike or surge and is no longer functioning properly. This is probably one of the most common problems with modems I have seen. The good news is that nearly every modem on a laptop is not integrated into the motherboard. Therefore, it is a fairly "simple" task to change the modem with a new one and the modem is usually accessible under a cover on the bottom of the PC. I am a Toshiba authorized service provider and can provide specific information for you if needed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI