This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Is this the right place for help

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi ,
This my second time I am putiing a new thread in this forum,
My fisrt thread :
http://forums.whatthetech.com/am_I_right_t…051#entry509051
sent me to :
http://forums.whatthetech.com/help_cleaning_PC_t98048.html
and unfortunatly the person helping me could find what is going on and told me to repost everything in a new post so that may some thech guy might have an idea ,
which will be very much appreciated ..
so I will wait patiently until some one comes up with a solution because I am out of my depth..
thanks
Hi frenchyinpaddyland

It looks like you have been doing some very important but difficult work in your Malware Removal Topic assisted by Jacee.

It appears to me that you have some additional work to complete in that thread.
Jacee will give you specific instructions at such time that you have completed.
If you require additional assistance after finishing that work in Malware Removal, Jacee will direct you to post to the appropriate location.

I'll track this topic to see what develops.
It may be that you are ready to continue working here in this Microsot Windows Forum, but unless I didn't read correctly, you still have some work to complete with Jacee.

Best Regards,
Doug
Hi Doug, thanks for getting back to me but if I posted here agaion it is because Jacee told me to do so asa she could not help me further..so could you tell me what to do now, must I post a thread somewhere else…from what I could undestand after research on the web it seems I have permission problem somewhere with vista ans some program…do you know anybody that coulod help ..it does not look like malware thanks for you answer
To start with, what is your actual problem? Please explain in detail. Anything that comes up in your mind could lead us to a solution. For example, did you start having the problem after installing any new software/drivers/hardware or out of nothing? Remember: the more detailed your story is, the easier we can help you with finding a solution.
Hello John B..
well my problem stated out of the blue got a game "air conflict" which I play regulaly and suddendly got "runtime error 5-access denied " then when I wanted to install some program such as for exemple "winrar " I am getting message from windows saying that it cannot access the file …I may not have enough permission to access them….I am the only person using this PC and up to now there was only one account mine …Jacee made me open the Hidden administrator account tried with that one and get the same result as in my onw account…. I am giving you liks below where you can see the picture I took with the snipping tool of the different message
URL=http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg329/frenchyinpaddyland/?action=view¤t=CaptureJPGairconflict.jpg]🖼Click to load external image (Posted Image)
URL=http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/gg329/frenchyinpaddyland/?action=view¤t=CaptureJPGregistrymechanic.jpg]🖼Click to load external image (Posted Image)
IMG]http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg329/frenchyinpaddyland/CaptureJPGstartinggame.jpg
at the same time in my fisrt thread above there is the link to all the work I did with Jacee ..but she said it was too much for her could not see what was going on
thanks for your time John B..
Even more detail, along the lines of how John B. is requesting information, would be useful.
Have a look at this "how-to" guide for posting questions:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?act=SR&f=119

For instance:
What does "out of the blue" mean?
Yeah, I know what it means, but the phrase doesn't convey much information.

Specifically, You are running Vista (of some flavor) and have SP1 installed.

Question:
Did Air Conflicts run fine before updating to SP1 and then "out of the blue" stop running correctly after installing SP1?
question:
Air Conflicts was written for older operating systems Win98, Win 2000, WinXP.
Have you "ever" been able to run it without problems on your Vista Machine?
Question:
Are you the person who installed Air Conflicts on your Vista machine?
Question:
When installing Air Conflicts did you use the "run as - Administrator" when installing?
Question:
When you click on the Air Conflict icon or executable file, have you tried "Compatibility Modes"
Here's a video tutorial for how to run XP games on Vista:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=xp+g…4&ct=title# <– this one doesn't have sound but has reasonable graphics.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=xp+g…4&ct=title# <– this one has both sound and reasonable graphics

Please answer the above questions to the best of your ability and fill in any details that come to mind.
For instance, if you have installed a new AntiVirus or Firewall, or other application, and then directly afterwards, Air Conflicts stopped working…. that would be an important piece of information to know.

Obviously we will not be able to isolate any issues related to the b-zillion tools bars and malware elements you have recently removed, but we can ask….
Was Air Conflict working OK, up to the time you started your malware removal work, and then it stopped?
or Question:
Was there one of the tool bars that got installed, which you suspect might have been related to Air Conflicts starting to have problems?

Keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards,
Doug
Hello Doug , Hello John B.. here all the answer that you need ..I think I understand what you need, but "air conflict " is not my only problem .As I said there is program that will not install and Jacee saw it as she tried to make me install "Karperski" and it would not .. 1) I am running window vista home premium ( SO1 was installed automaticly through window update in m,arch and have never got a problem with it.. 2)When I installed air conflict I did not run it as administrator as nobody else use this pc , so I did it a my own account.The download was on line and this version is vista compatible ..It is difficult to find game which are vista compatible. 3) I did not find any reason why to run the compatiblity mode for this game as it was working perfectly (did all the arcade as a "novice pilot " with no problem 4)This game was install month after the update of vista SP1 5) i am running still the same anti-virus and firwall from CA Associates"security center 2009" and my anty spyware is from Webroot "spysweeper".I have both program for years and have no problem with them 5)my problem started weeks before I contacted this website and got Jacee help.She made me install some malware removal program and went through the process with them but even after this the problem was still there not only with the game but with the apllication to install (ie :winrar-window repair kit- and so on..) 6) I do not plau game on line ..yet anyway 7)for the tools bar that Jacee removed they were there before I installed the game Even If I log on the "hidden administrator account" the same thing happen with the game and the program to install on top of my head it is the most I can tell you about my problem..sorry for not beeing much more precise than that .. to tell you more I tried to use PCesupport on line and even them could not see what was going on …they were thinking that they was a problem with the "permission" but could not help "remotly" I am trying to explore all avenue offered to me on the net …it is not easy..the easiest solution I was told would be to reinstall vista on a new drive and re-install all program , drive , update and so on..with my time time of free time …weeks of work and between you and me I hate beeing defeated by a …machine!!!!!!!! well that is all I can say for the moment let me know what you thionk and if you need more detaills try to be more specific with me THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP
hello guys,
well I do not want to cry VICTORY too loud but I think my problem are all over..I did have to uninstall my CA anti virus and firewall as indicated by CA Associates as there was a problem and I tried to run both game and program wothout it and..it work with a charm .After the install of anti virus and firewall evreything was still working….finger cross..
the only thing that bother me is that tonight upon stating my pc I got a window with a new message from the interactive sevice dialogue service which you find the snip in the link below.
When I click on "why does this happen " i got another window with a message
runtime error
C\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe.
that 's all …any idea of the problem if there is any?
thanks guys
will be looking forward to your comment


🖼Click to load external image (Posted Image)
Check in the Firewall - Programs - listing spoolsv.exe is a common process that seeks access to the internet. It is safe and can be allowed. I doubt that it is causing any difficulty to you beyond the annoyance of the pop-up alert. Everything else running OK for you?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI