Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Adaware6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hasco

hasco

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:39 AM

hi all, i downloaded the latest build as suggested by the fourum but after downloading the reflist it wont open and ask's me which program i want to use to open the file!,well what do i do? thankin u in advance, hasco

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 hasco

hasco

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:49 AM

hi all, i downloaded the latest build as suggested by the fourum but after downloading the reflist it wont open and ask's me which program i want to use to open the file!,well what do i do? thankin u in advance, hasco

#3 Lappen

Lappen

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 09:37 AM

Sorry for the confusion with locking and moving, please try to not ask the same questions in multiple topics

As for your problem please go here and read the tutorial on how to use and update ad-aware, if that doesn’t fix your problem please post back

For the update problem here are the relevant info from that topic

5) Updating the Ad-Aware 6 reference file
You will need to run the Webupdate Feature before each scan to make sure you have the current reference file installed. It is imperative that you always have the current Build and Reference File in use to ensure the proper detection and removal of objects.
On the start screen:
Click on the "Check for updates now" hotlink. (The globe at the upper right also opens the webupdate feature)
Click "Connect".
If you see that a new reference file is available, click "OK", and it will download and install automatically.
Click "Finish".

If you have a Proxy, you will need to configure the Webupdate feature.
Click on "Configure", check the "Use HTTP Proxy" option, and enter the information. [NOTE: If you need to enter a username\password for your Proxy, you will have to manually update your Reference File (see point #6 below)]
Connect to the Internet. Click on "Connect", then "Finish" after the update is completed.

6) Manually updating the reference file
If you need to update your reference file manually, you can download the file from:
http://www.lavasoft.de/ls/reflist.zip
Unzip the folder, and place the file inside in your Ad-Aware 6 folder.
Then choose "OK" when asked to over-write it.
If you would like a backup of the previous reference file, simply re-name it "Reflist.ref.old" before moving the new one in.

"Cleaners" >> Ad-Aware - Spybot S&D - "Preventers" >> SpywareBlaster - IE-SPYAD
Free Firewall and Antivirus >> Zonealarm - AVG - Online virus checkers >> Go here
Posted Image