This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't get AdAware to open

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

For a while AdAware worked fine – slow, but fine – but then it stopped working – sometimes the AdAware logo box comes up, reading "loading" but nothing ever happens – it just hangs there on the desktop until you reboot. More often, though, it just "fails to load." I have deinstalled and installed 3 times now, but it still doesn't work. I really want my AdAware back – please help. Thank you.
Hello PurpleMelee,

It could be down to a browser update. What browser are you using?

Alternatively you could patch your Hosts file to block any ads:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

Hope that helps,
Nahumi
"It could be down to a browser update. What browser are you using?"

INTERNET EXPLORER. How do I learn if it needs an update?



"Alternatively you could patch your Hosts file to block any ads:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm"

Sorry, I don't understand what your response means – I am not having any problems with advertisements – but perhaps that is not what you meant – please explain.



Thanks.
Not sure how you uninstalled AdAware , but it would be worthwhile using Revo Uninstaller (use the free one) to uninstall it, then reboot and try installing it again. Revo uses the normal uninstaller first, then searches for any left over registry entries and files on the hard drive. Often does a better job than just the normal uninstaller.

Try it, see if it helps. Be sure you restart after running Revo before reinstalling AdAware.

Post back with results.
Hi – thanks for your suggestion – however, REVO didn't work. I deinstalled using REVO, then installed again, but the same thing happened – the AdAware just hangs there, indicating that it's loading, but nothing ever happened – it just hangs there same as before. Please advise. Thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI