AndrewSaysHello
Topic Starter
Ok, so back at the beginning of MAY I bought a new desktop (mainly for gaming) and ever since ive had the computer it has been giving me non-stop problems. I have tried everything thta i know of to fix this but everytime i think i have done something that may fix it, its always there… haunting me 
I am pretty sure it has to do with my graphics card at this moment. I first noticed the problem back when i would try to play the game "Age of Empires 3". At random times during play it would just lock up and freeze, the sound will start looping over and over, and i eventually get a BSoD followed by a reboot. I also tried to play Half-Life 2 and after about 15-20 minutes of play I get the same thing. The BSoD says this:
"The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp
The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver not able to program the hardware correctly.
Tech Info:
*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x8310B020, 0x835CD688, 0xF7A17CB4, 0x00000001)
nv4_disp"
And I also get linked to this after i reboot and send in a error report to mircosoft:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?…5a44&SID=11
And just recently after ive put new drivers on my computer and have been playing Counter-Strike 1.6 (which never game me problems before) i start getting this Runtime Error ( http://www.simple-media.org/other/steamerror.jpg ) This happens about once every 30 minutes of play. I've tried un-installing all of my drivers, re-installing them, even putting the older drivers on there after nothing fixed it, and its all the same with nothing changing.
I have run a CPU Stability Test (which came back good), as well as a Memory Stability Test (which also came back good), but whenever i try to run my Graphics Card Stability Test, it freezes and does the same as when i am playing my games, but there is no BSoD, it just reboots after being frozen for about 30 seconds. I also have sent back my graphics card and got a replacement for it, but the problem is still there. (maybe they just sent me the same card back)
One last thing that it does is every now and then when i am browsing the internet or just doing something on my desktop the screen like freezes for 3-5 seconds but i can still move the mouse around, just nothing else responds, goes black, then comes back on… no clue why or what makes it do this.
Here is my System Specs:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:58:02 PM, on 7/26/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
My Graphics Card: Geforce 6800 XT
My Memory: 1GIG of Corsair XMS
My CPU: AMD 3500+
My Soundcard: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Any help/tips/suggestions would be great because im really out of ideas here and would like to pinpoint this problem so i can replace something if it needs to be replaced, or whatever i need to do to fix this!
I am pretty sure it has to do with my graphics card at this moment. I first noticed the problem back when i would try to play the game "Age of Empires 3". At random times during play it would just lock up and freeze, the sound will start looping over and over, and i eventually get a BSoD followed by a reboot. I also tried to play Half-Life 2 and after about 15-20 minutes of play I get the same thing. The BSoD says this:
"The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp
The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver not able to program the hardware correctly.
Tech Info:
*** STOP: 0x000000EA (0x8310B020, 0x835CD688, 0xF7A17CB4, 0x00000001)
nv4_disp"
And I also get linked to this after i reboot and send in a error report to mircosoft:
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/response.aspx?…5a44&SID=11
And just recently after ive put new drivers on my computer and have been playing Counter-Strike 1.6 (which never game me problems before) i start getting this Runtime Error ( http://www.simple-media.org/other/steamerror.jpg ) This happens about once every 30 minutes of play. I've tried un-installing all of my drivers, re-installing them, even putting the older drivers on there after nothing fixed it, and its all the same with nothing changing.
I have run a CPU Stability Test (which came back good), as well as a Memory Stability Test (which also came back good), but whenever i try to run my Graphics Card Stability Test, it freezes and does the same as when i am playing my games, but there is no BSoD, it just reboots after being frozen for about 30 seconds. I also have sent back my graphics card and got a replacement for it, but the problem is still there. (maybe they just sent me the same card back)
One last thing that it does is every now and then when i am browsing the internet or just doing something on my desktop the screen like freezes for 3-5 seconds but i can still move the mouse around, just nothing else responds, goes black, then comes back on… no clue why or what makes it do this.
Here is my System Specs:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:58:02 PM, on 7/26/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
My Graphics Card: Geforce 6800 XT
My Memory: 1GIG of Corsair XMS
My CPU: AMD 3500+
My Soundcard: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Any help/tips/suggestions would be great because im really out of ideas here and would like to pinpoint this problem so i can replace something if it needs to be replaced, or whatever i need to do to fix this!