This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

safe mode?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been told I should run SDFix. I've downloaded it, and am supposed to run it in "safe mode". Only problem is I can't seem to access safe mode on startup. I restart, hold F8, and am taken into the boot menu. According to Windows Help and Support, when I'm taken to the boot menu that is configured for multiple operating systems, I press F8 again,which is supposed to take me to a new boot menu to select safe mode. This doesn't happen. It just stays where it is. I cannot get a screen shot, so this is what the boot menu looks like: Boot Menu ==Select a Boot First Device== >Hard Disk - 6th Master: WDC WD25500JS19NCB -Bootable Add in Cards >CDROM -2nd Master: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-W162D –><–Expand/Close (up/down arrows):Move Enter:Accept F4:Exit How on earth do I get from here to safe mode? Thanks.
Hi and welcome to WhatTheTech!

I have been told I should run SDFix.

Who told you to do this? SDFix is a very dangerous tool and should not be run if you are not completely sure what you are doing.

I see that you posted in the HijackThis forum here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Need_check_u…814#entry513814
While you are there waiting for a helper and in the future talking to the helper, we cannot help you here. You will have to finish that case first and if a helper asks you to boot into Safe Mode and you do not know how to, ask the helper in that topic.

From your post I see that you have not really followed the guidelines, because you were supposed to post a HijackThis log. Please follow these guidelines:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Welcome_New_…ers_t34502.html
Using that guide please post a new topic WITH HijackThis log and patiently await a reply. Let me know when you have posted that topic so I can remove the old one without HijackThis log.

Regards,
John.
No problem. I understand things can be overwhelming and I did not mean to sound angry, I just want to make sure you will not start running things like SDFix on your own. Please let me know when you have posted the new topic with HijackThis log :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI