This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hello from the newbie!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Good Morning to all, I'm new to WhattheTech and thought I'd say hello…so, Hello! I've had a few PCs over the years and enjoy learning new tricks and tips to doing things. Last night I learned how to boot my PC in safe mode by going to RUN MSCONFIG and under the BOOT.INI tab, click on SafeMode. The only issue I had was when I was in safe mode, I couldn't get the RUN command back to click off the Safemode boot under the BOOT.INI tab, because the icons are SO big in safe mode, I couldn't view everything. So, I spent some time surfing around my computer to find a workaround. I ended up bringing up my start menu properties and clicked on Classic Start Menu and then I was able to view the RUN command. Phew! I only had to go to safe mode that way because the F8 key did not work for me, I had three options in doing it that way, but safe mode was not an option. :o Ok, so I'm a little excited that I could do the other work around on my own, but a little bummed that I can't figure out how to get rid of this Trojan that I have. Since every computer is different, I figured I'd better turn to the experts for some help. Thank you all in advance!!! Happy Holidays Everyone! Kilty

Attachments:

Hi Kitty, Welcome to the WTT forums, Well done on getting in and out of safe mode. Your HJT log in the malware removal forum will be analysed and answered as soon as possible, but in the ordinary course of events the experts on that forum are in high demand. Often there are more folks in trouble and seeking expert advice than there are trained malware fighters available so if you have to wait a short while, please try to be patient (although I know this can tough) With the Holidays almost upon us a lot of the malware fighters may be spending time with their kith and kin, but rest assured they will get to your post as soon as they can Regards paws
Hello Kilty, and welcome to WhatThetech,

Here in Australia we have just completed having our Christmas Dinner. What a feast it was.

As Paws mentioned most of us are on holidays, happy to help when the festivities are over, but in the meantime it is patience that counts. I am sure the experts will get to your log as soon as they can.

Best of wishes for your Festive Season.

kind regards,