This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

A folder constantly recreated without knowledge

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Chrome insists upon creating a Downloads folder AND placing it exactly where Chrome wants it, in spite of what user preference you might decide upon. I don't use Chrome and haven't given any research time to "how to fix" this situation, but there are a couple of entries in Google that may be a place to start. Google the term: "download folder created" (without quotes) The second item down is a list of rants without authoritative response or solution. I suppose Chrome has a user group help forum or Chrome Support, but again I haven't researched it. When you discover the solution, I will enjoy reading your work. Doug
I've been so slow. :( Vectris's trick would have worked. Chrome creates the folder upon initiation. I can't fix this problem at the moment, because it'll be up to the giant (Google). I'll have to live with it then. Thanks a lot Doug and Vectris for all the help. You've have provided great support. \m/ ^_^ \m/ Have a great week.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI