This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Random Named Folders on C:/ Drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Wow what happened to the forum - makeover?

 

Hi,

 

I have a number of randomly named folders appearing on my C:/ drive. I think they're backup folders of some sort - I was just wndering what they are.

 

📎Random Folders01.png

 

 

Thanks in advance

They are usually temp folders used during installations, or possibly some other reasons, personally I delete them, and leave them in the bin for a while, if all runs without issue I then empty the bin, if the folders are empty I delete without worry, I figure if there is a program that needs such folders, it will create them again, haven't had a problem after years of treating them this way, but others may know better, but I figure if they are in the bin, and something wont work right, then they can be restored easy enough, hope this helps a bit anyway.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI